Saturday, January 16, 2010

Guest Bathroom Facelift: Part 1



I am in the throes of giving our guest bathroom a thorough facelift, and thought I would share my progress in little nips and tucks.

Hehe. Get it? Nips and tucks? Nevermind.

So to get us started, I present you with the Before photos:



Lots of blah and white and blah and some blue in the shower curtain and rug. It was fine, I suppose, but I wanted some zest and spice in our Guest Loo, and that fake plant just wasn't cutting it. I only wish I could have shown you the rubber ducky border that went around the room when we first bought the house, because that really sauced it up. I may or may not have started peeling it off before we actually took possession of the property.. but that's neither here nor there.


So first up?

PAINT.

Pintura.

¡De Colores!


Yeah, yeah, I know that last one is a reach, but I couldn't resist throwing it in there. Hubby likes to exclaim "de colores" with a lot of gusto and sometimes exasperation/frustration/panache at random happenings in our household. Like if he thinks my outfit is particularly hotsy-totsy, or if the dog is driving him crazy.

We don't claim to be culturally correct.

But I digress..


PAINT.

I thought real long and hard about what color to go with and then settled on the can of free paint I scored from Glidden last fall. That free part just tipped me over the edge. Color of choice: Olivewood.



It's a nice, warm, neutral-y, olive color and I'm just tickled pink with how it turned out. Totally transforms the room. What do you think??

(I'm re-reading this, and sheesh, my photography skills are at an all time high. Could these pics be any more boring?? But I am trying to keep it to one little reveal at a time, thus the snore-fest pictures. Hang in there with me- I promise it will get better!)


3 comments:

  1. I love it! I want to hire you! I cannot wait until you showcase Part 2 : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. you crack me up with your verb-age..it is very colorful....and the paint choice...fab

    ReplyDelete
  3. [b][url=http://www.louisvuittonpursesale.com/]louis vuitton purses[/url][/b] In 1992 they took the organization general public with among the list of industry's most productive IPOs. In 2001 Chou and Stroll cashed out their holdings in Hilfiger plus a yr later relinquished their co-chairman titles so as to department out and devote in other brands. They'd previously purchased the British luxury-goods firms Asprey and Garrard in 2000, and following unsuccessful operates at Valentino, Brooks Brothers and Calvin Klein, the companions went soon after Kors..

    [b][url=http://www.louisvuittonpursesale.com/]louis vuitton outlet[/url][/b] His name has normally been involved with deluxe footwear, clothing, perfumes and handbags. But in addition to people products, Christian Dior is way admired for his generation of exquisite designer purses. Dior purses are excellent, with stunning models that attraction to virtually just about every fashionable woman.

    [b][url=http://www.uggsunitedkingdom.co.uk/]ugg uk[/url][/b] In case you are holding dwell plants in the aquarium from the lighting requires will probably be a little diverse than if the aquarium is often a fish only aquarium. Chances are you'll have detected any time you have beforehand place vegetation from the tank they you should not past prolonged at all. Perhaps you assumed that aquarium plants which are short-lived? But, in truth, aquarium vegetation should really stay equally as lengthy as residence vegetation the situation is a lot of people don't deliver them aided by the correct variety of lights Within the aquarium.

    [b][url=http://www.cheapuggbootsonlinesales.co.uk/]ugg boots uk[/url][/b] A. The newest hair clippers offered may be used to chop both of those wet and dry hair. This presents much more styling options, specifically for experienced users. Should you have a superb comprehension about how routines are shaped, and also a systematic strategy for shifting your practices into types which can be useful for you, you have an excellent start on achieving your targets. Those who are bent on accomplishment are not the sort who stick to the route of least resistance. They are aware that some issues in existence take labor and self-discipline.

    [b][url=http://www.seekingbestbags.co.uk/]www.seekingbestbags.co.uk[/url][/b] The title fanny pack was typically worn facing the rear above the buttocks; fanny can be a jargon term in North the united states. Despite the identify, loads of tend not to slip on fanny packs on their rear as they are easier to pick pocket and tougher to attain use of. Money belts are employed by tourists and were being well-known from the early and what's more mid nineties.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! Strange or lovely or somewhere in between, lay 'em on me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...