Finally! Evie's quilt is nearly a year in the making and finally finished!
I ordered the fabric last summer on Etsy. I LOVE the colors and patterns. Not too baby pink or sticky sweet, but still girly. I added two brown/neutral fabrics that I picked up from JoAnn's to the mix to stretch my fabric and break up all the color.
This was my very first attempt at a quilt or anything like it. I totally winged it. (Wong it? Wang it? Whatever.) Big surprise. I browsed a few tutorials online and then just started cutting squares. The front has been done for oh, months now, but I was kind of stuck on what to do with the backing. Plus I had birthed a baby in the meantime, who liked to be held for 23 hours of the day and didn't care for my sewing machine.
Fast forward a few months and I now have a giggling, bubbly baby who smiles and laughs 23 hours of the day and I'm back on the sewing wagon.
Life is good.
I ended up using a solid wine/raspberry colored cotton for the back of the quilt and a border around the front. I wanted to make it just a little bit bigger and this did the trick. Then I went with a mauvy-pink binding for contrast.
If I had to start all over again I might do it a little differently and would definitely plan things out a little better, but overall I'm very happy with how it turned out.
And so is this little jay bird. :)