Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Beckett :: Seven Months


This month has been a big one for Beckett Boy! First Christmas, sleeping through the night, travel, food and more!

We started trying some table food, to mixed reviews from B. :) Some of his little faces were just hilarious. I really wanted to do more of a Baby Led Weaning approach with solids for Beckett, but after a few weeks of mainly messes and not much food ingested, I resorted to picking up our favorite Happy Bellies oatmeal and doing purees. Womp womp. But I am still trying to offer him some foods he can hold and explore, and not all baby food. We'll see. Just trying to do what works for him. And me, frankly. :)

On Christmas Eve, I let him gnaw on a piece of ham and the boy LOVED it! He kept reaching for it and wanting more. It was pretty funny.


Still no teeth, but lots of teething and drooling going on. Any day now, I'm just sure of it.

Beckett isn't crawling yet, but has really got the whole rocking on all fours thing down. There have been a few times when I thought it was going to happen, but then I come to my senses and push him down… Kidding!!! But seriously, I don't want him to crawl. Or be mobile in any way, more specifically. #secondchildprobs


We are still working on sleep, but made some really good strides this month. My kiddos just like the catnap as babies. 30 minutes on the dot. I have come to accept this, mostly, but it still drives me bonkers some days. Especially when he is on his 4th catnap of the day, and clearly fussy and tired because he hasn't gotten enough sleep. And forget trying to schedule anything around naps or get anything substantial accomplished while he sleeps. But in last few weeks, he has started to give me a longer nap (1 - 1.5 hours) every once in a while. So I know he can do it! And he puts himself to sleep just fine, so I am extremely thankful for that. Baby steps! Oh! And as soon as we got back from traveling after Christmas, he started to consistently sleep all night! He will still wake and need to be soothed back down here and there, but no nursing and in bed from about 6:45pm to around 7am! Glory.



I just love this boy so much. He is just the sweetest baby and has such a good temperament. I love the way he watches his sister and how she makes him laugh. Their little bond makes my heart so full and thankful. I can't wait to see what kind of boy and man he becomes, but there is no rush!!


I love you to the moon and back, Beckett Boy!


2 comments:

  1. He's so sweet!! And the sleeping through the night - huge!!! Yay, Beckett!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little cutie pie! A gum drop for sure like His great Aunt Teresa would say! ditto Katie.... sleeping through the night! excellent.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! Strange or lovely or somewhere in between, lay 'em on me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...