Sunday, June 6, 2010

Nursery 0.0


This week I decided it was high time I got to work on the nursery. Now that I have 7.315 oz more energy in my system, I figured I needed to get with it.


First up?

A classic and downright embarrassing BEFORE photo:

This is where things go to die at our house.

Gosh, doesn't it just look inviting and cozy and safe for a wee one?

While I have tons of decorating ideas bouncing around in my head for this room, I've been squarely held up by the fact that it looks like this. I mean, we shove all this junk here for a reason- there's nowhere else to put it!

(Take no offense to the fact that our dog sleeps in this catch-all room. He happens to love it.)


First things first, I really needed to go through everything and organize and toss and donate. But naturally, I decided to shove some stuff to the side and tackle that chair rail first, instead:


That baby had to come down!
I got two walls done all by my lonesome on Memorial Day while the hubby drank beer and partied it up at the pool.
Kidding! He was hard at work on other areas of the house.

I have big plans for moulding and wall treatment in the nursery, but they don't include this chair rail or royal blue walls. If you look closely at the first photo, you can also see that there used to be a border above the the chair rail. That A-B-C, primary color goodness came down the moment we got the keys.

I'm hoping to tackle another wall or two this evening, but no promises. In no way do I try to fight the pregnancy fatigue. If I'm tired, I plop myself right down. Sometimes I feel like a little wind-up toy that's on the last leg of his wind up.. going strong and then out of nowhere, a weird buzzing sound before he deflates to a complete stop.

I was able to do some sorting yesterday, though, so that's progress! I loaded up the car with stuff for the Goodwill and dropped it off before I had the chance to change my mind or let hubby sift through my pile. Out of sight, out of mind!

I'll keep you updated on my progress. I've actually already scored a great fabric I want to incorporate, but I'm not sure I can make it work in the room if the little bean's a boy. So I'm trying to focus on what I can do for now, until we find out exactly what we're having. Only 2 more weeks!

Hope you're having a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I was kinda wondering if it was a lime last month is it safe to guess the lil darlin could be a "pear "...by now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DYING to see what you come up with! I know it is going to be awesome! And DYING to know what Baby H will be!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh I can't WAIT to see what you do...I know it will be fab!! Good luck with the energy level...in a few weeks you'll feel like a new person even more so and be out of control with projects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! I removed the other two walls of chair rail last night before passing out, so we're on our way!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! Strange or lovely or somewhere in between, lay 'em on me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...