Monday, June 3, 2013

New House: In the Pantry

This weekend when I stopped by the house, I could see they were working on the trim and shelving in all the closets. This set me in a momentary panic, as I had planned to map out exactly how/where we wanted all of the shelving in our master closet and pantry. But no worries- I quickly talked myself off that ledge and decided the master closet would turn out just fine. Obviously ours wasn't the first one they had ever constructed.

But the pantry. Oy. They hadn't started installing anything in there yet, so my plan was to measure the room (it's a walk-in), then scour Pinterest for ideas and get to work drawing up some plans. Then I would tape up said plans in the pantry with a sweet little note, my phone number (should they have questions) and maybe some cigarettes a donut or two??? Seems like a plan to me!

So here are some of the gorgeous pantries I'm drawing inspiration from. Our pantry is good sized, with room for a wall of shelving and a small (wet bar-sized) cabinet/counter-top. I'm super psyched about all the storage. And eventually I would like to do something fun in there like fun wallpaper, a chalkboard wall or fun paint.

via

via
via
no link
no link
no link
no link

So.. any advice on the pantry? I want to make sure and leave a large space beneath the wall of shelves for bulk items and recycling bins. And I can't wait to get in there and get everything organized!


5 comments:

  1. Love these pantry ideas! Can't wait to see how your turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pantry ideas! Can't wait to see how your turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. put the jars in shelves and label them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your set of design inspirations is actually nice and consistent, leaning to the French rustic style. All I can suggest is to use space-saving techniques. The pantry door would be a good place to start. Make it into a door/cabinet. What do you think? Houston Churchill Mortgage Corporation

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pantry ideas you posted, the first one is absolutely gorgeous! I took several ideas from Shelley at The House of Smith's. I just posted my pantry today on my blog. When we designed it I measured most of the stuff we planned to store in pantry and made space accordingly. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! Strange or lovely or somewhere in between, lay 'em on me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...