Friday, December 6, 2013

Friday Morning Thoughts {Snowed-in Style}

Happy Friday! 

It's currently 8:19 a.m. (yes, you read that right), and I am the ONLY one awake in our house. We had some wintery weather start up yesterday, so the whole city was in a kerfuffle and husby got off early and didn't have to go in today. Which is awesome, but WHY IS EVERYONE ASLEEP?? I want to go play in the snow!!

So did you watch the Sound of Music remake last night? I did not. But it seemed to be all anyone was talking about on Facebook. I like Carrie Underwood just fine, but I personally LOVE the original movie and just wasn't all that jazzed to see it re-made. But if you watched, how was it? Did it live up to the hype?? We opted to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation instead. Honestly, it was slated to be the first time I had actually watched the whole thing, all the way through, but wouldn't you know? I fell asleep right after the Christmas tree lit up. Oh well, maybe next year. :)

It's recently come to my attention that I have literally done zero Christmas shopping yet. Yikes! I am so impressed by anyone who can have that list all crossed off by now, but I just don't think I'll ever be one of those people. And honestly, I like to peruse and shop in person rather than online. But that may have to change if I don't get on the ball pretty quick! I really really want to make Evie one of these cute little teepees for the playroom, buuuuut, not sure that's going to happen by Christmas morn. 

via

I have professed my love for fleece-lined leggings over on Instagram, and honestly people- you need to get some. They are sooo warm and comfy. And since stretchy pants are currently my bag, I am living in mine. My dilemma comes from finding shirts/tunics to wear said leggings with. I am still 100% on Team Leggings Are Not Pants and think all your lady bit and baubles should be adequately covered (unless, of course, you drop by my house unexpectedly, then all bets are off). Because lets just be honest- only about 2% of the female population can pull off leggings as pants and look even remotely decent. And I'm pretty sure they're all teenagers with no hips or thighs to speak of. ANYWAY, my point/question is- do you have any good places to shop for longer shirts or tunics?? I feel like I look at every store I go into and have the hardest time finding anything decent and/or that isn't 2 sizes too large and muumuu-esque. 

I'm going to my friend's annual cookie swap next week and need to come up with 5 DOZEN cookies. I am amazed at that amount every.single.year. Any great cookie recipes I should try?? Because per usual, I will likely be scouring pinterest and hitting up the grocery store the day of the party. 

My Christmas decorating has come to a stand-still. I guess that's what happens when you drag your tree out right after Halloween. The stockings are not hung, there's not an ornament in sight or nativity set out anywhere. Maybe today will be the day.

Aaaaannnd, it's now 8:46 and I still haven't heard a peep from around the house, so I'm off to wake up the wee one. Mama's hungry! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm a last minute shopper. Always have been. Every year I say I'm going to start earlier, but here we are now days out and I'm still not in it :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my hubby says its ALL highly over rated!!! The shopping the lights etc! Me personally, I love to see stores that know how to decorate! Its eye candy to me! As for decorating my own house, I've been totally unmotivated! But guessvwhat it did gdt done this past weekend! Selah

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! Strange or lovely or somewhere in between, lay 'em on me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...