Friday, September 11, 2009

Got Wood?

Sorry for the wildly inappropriate title. Please don't take offense and add my site to your list of banned internet pages.

I just couldn't help myself.


Hubby and I went dumpster diving the other day. We were on our way home and I saw a section of fence in a trash pile by the curb and yelled "back 'er up!"

Or something like that.


So we hopped out and with a quick look around to make sure no one was watching (we're fairly infamous in the neighborhood), we loaded it up and headed for home.


I have had a project idea in mind for some time now and wanted to use some reclaimed wood. And this was perfect in that it was cheapo-deapo.
You know, FREE.

Here she is all cut down to size.

















We had to take it to a friends house to cut down and now a power saw of some type is squarely at the top of my Christmas list.

I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do, but here's one of my inspiration pics:
















Loving this Pottery Barn piece. Except for the horse, that is.
I'm digging the distressed wood and the peek-a-boo wood knots, but equine isn't really my thing. Hubby and I toyed with the idea of doing an outline of our dog... :)


I also like this PB piece that Susie at Bienvenue totally copied, which I am all about! I don't know about you, but $329 is just a little rich for my blood. Sister's gotta eat.



















Check out Susie's version here. Just as cool if not better!



I am also in serious lust with these guys:




















They're from Rockett St George across the pond. I like the idea of a saying or quote or scipture written out graphically like this. I toyed with the idea of using these lyrics, but I just can't get around the whole Beatles thing.
My dad might never forgive me. Let alone my own husband.


So what do you think?? Any ideas for me? I'm thinking about tackling it this weekend, so maybe I'll have some thing to show you next week.

No promises, though, a girl's gotta keep her options open.




3 comments:

  1. do a tumble weed or a large banana leaf...i know a lizard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great find!! i love all the ideas...unfortunately i don't have anything clever to bring to the table. can't wait to see what you come up with though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aja~
    My saw is from Home Depot... It's a Stanley SharpTooth Fine Finish small hand saw... Love it:) Also the RL glaze is Home Depot. Just tell the paint guy you want Ralph Lauren Faux Technique Glaze and tell them you want it in Smoke. There are only 4 different colors for this stuff and they should know exactly what you are talking about!
    ~Whitney

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! Strange or lovely or somewhere in between, lay 'em on me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...