Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sunshine for the Ears

Have you seen the movie Little Miss Sunshine?





















Great
movie. I highly recommend it. For those of you over 18, that is.

I saw it with my family over Christmas when it came out a few years back and the whole row of us were laughing out loud. Had the theater offered milk it would have been shooting out our noses onto the unfortunate patrons seated in front of us.

Anyway, if you've seen it, then surely you remember the scene when they're almost to the pageant and Greg Kinnear honks on the VW's horn and it keeps making that hilarious honking noise foreeeeveeeerrr.

HI-larious.

Well, here at work, my office is near the side entrance to our building, where all the employees come in and out to the parking lot. We're downtown, so there is a lot going on outside that door. Last week I heard a very distinct sound coming from somewhere nearby... it sounded EXACTLY like the van's horn from Little Miss Sunshine!

And it hasn't stopped since.

Apparently it's this sign manufacturer across the street. I have asked numerous people around here if, number one, they hear the noise. Nope. No one has noticed it until I point it out. And number two, have you see the movie, do you recognize the sound??? NOPE. Not one of these so-called media people has seen this flick!! For shame! Then I'm left trying to explain the whole movie and scene while simultaneously trying to replicate the high-pitched, nasal-y sound of the horn. SIGH.

I feel kind of like I think a dog must feel when they blow those special dog whistles.. That pesky noise is never-ending and invading my thoughts! Ugh.

So I've been scouring the internet, trying to find a clip of the movie with this scene in it, to no avail. I need someone to feel me on this one! I can't take any more of these dumbfounded looks when I bring up the movie.

Sorry folks.

Here's the best I could do- the trailer, for your enjoyment. You can hear the horn at about the 1:15 mark.

1 comment:

I ♥ your comments! Strange or lovely or somewhere in between, lay 'em on me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...