Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday Morning Thoughts

1. The countdown is on to our very first road trip with Evie!! Please pray that we make it in one piece, with eardrums intact. I personally think she'll do great.

2. Last Friday I made a big batch of yummy, delicious chex mix. By Sunday I was licking the tupperware container clean. Throw in some chips and salsa, the random banana and a few gallons of water and all my major food groups are covered.

3. Well, it's official. We are planning a trip back to Hawaii this summer!! I am beyond excited and now have important things to attend to, like matching mother-daughter swimsuits. HA!

4. CHEESE UPDATE**. There is still no cheese in my life. Well, no cow's cheese. I have dallied with some goat varieties. The verdict so far is a happy baby and a slimmed down mama. I've lost 4 lbs and my thighs have never been so small.. and it's not for lack of trying on my part. By that I mean I now eat chocolate in any instance where I might have had cheese. So what do we learn? Cheese=thighs. Chocolate=probablyhaironmyheadsinceIhavemorethanIcouldpossiblyneed.

5. Were you aware that April is Earth Month??? Yeah, me neither.

6. I'm just going to put this out there.. what is up with people putting feathers in their hair? No offense if you've got a rooster tail woven into your locks- I have friends sporting the look- but I just don't get it. Maybe this is just a sign that I'm getting old and the young folk are annoying me. Great.

7. My baby has been mistaken for a boy child TWICE this week. Seriously.

8. Are you watching Bethenny Ever After? (I feel like I mention these Housewives shows a ridiculous amount on here. Let's not read too much into that, mkay?) Anyway, I totally recognized and know the CEO of Skinnygirl Margaritas! And by "know", I mean I once went to Vail with the family I used to nanny for and he and his wife and daughter were friends of theirs and we all stayed in the same "cabin" that's larger than my current home. And I may or may not have let his little girl roll down a few (indoor) steps when I overestimated her crawling abilities and how many hands I needed to carry my snack. I was happy to see them again a few years later and see first hand that she suffered no lasting damage from the incident. Whew.

9. My friend Cameron came to visit us last weekend, too! So fun. She immediately won Evie over by bringing her a "Realistic Bunny". My kid knows faux, and if it doesn't have real fur or play a kicky tune, then you can forget about it. Well played, Cam. Well played.

10. While Cameron was here, I showed her all the sights, like my favorite Mexican restaurant, the Aquarium and 6 or 7 square miles around our neighborhood while we drove around so Evie could nap. Exciting, I tell you! We also did some thrifting, and she snapped this picture of Evie Girl and I while we were out. Can't you see how excited she is by all the "antiques"?? Little chubbers. Overall, a good outing, though I did nearly karate chop an old lady when she started to grab Evie's hand and pat her on the head. It's not okay to touch strangers' children! Next time I see her, I'm going to pat her on the head and compliment her on the lovely shade of blue she got at the salon.


**I left out a milk & egg update because let's face it- cheese is where it's at. And I'm pretty certain I've never once craved an egg. Unless it was chocolate and filled with peanut butter.

3 comments:

  1. What IS your favorite Mexican restaurant? Just curious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. El Guapo's! And that pic is super adorable! Love your hair like that!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! Strange or lovely or somewhere in between, lay 'em on me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...