Monday, June 22, 2009

Weekend Lowdown

Happy Monday!

This weekend we took a little foray to the lake.


We did a little sunbathing, some fishing and wake boarding. It was a rip-roaring good time, especially since I was the only girl and probably the only person within a 20 mile radius that didn't actually dip a toe into the water.

Yeah, that's right. No lake swimming for me. That's not to say I've never swam in a lake- I have, plenty of times. And I'm sure I will in the future. But if I'm allowed to sit too long by myself and ponder the disgusting wonders that any given lake might hold, the chances that I'll get in quickly diminish. Even my body was telling me no. We were out on the boat for over 6 straight hours and I consumed 3 bottles of water and one beer and didn't hear nature calling until I was safely back on dry land. Thank God!

We tried to do some fishing... Tried being the operative word. Not a single bite. In fact, the only fish I saw was this guy:



Now you see why swimming was off the table. All I need is a dead, scaly fish bumping up against me in murky waters. There are not enough showers in the world! Bleech!

Sunday marked the finish of a little project I had been working on all week: Painting my dining room! When we bought the house, the walls below our chair rail were brown with some sort of rag-type finish. Definitely not my style. I decided to paint them dark red- Bordeaux, to be exact.

Here's a pic from when I started painting the first time. Luckily I remembered to get a little "before" picture as I was taping it off!


Here it is with the red:


As you can see, decorating this room hasn't been hight on my priority list. It needs some spice! But I liked the red just fine and had been contemplating painting the top half of the room a warmer tan/beige color.

Then I threw all of that out the window and decided to go in a completely different direction.


Here is a little sneak peek:



Isn't it dreamy? Fresh and light.. I have all sorts of wild ideas for the room now!


This weekend was also Father's Day! I want to take a moment to wish my Dad a Happy Father's Day. I love you Dad! Thank you so much for teaching me (among other things) the value of a clean house and an economical shower.



I'm doo-ooonnnnnee!!! :)

1 comment:

I ♥ your comments! Strange or lovely or somewhere in between, lay 'em on me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...