Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Card 2012 + the sickies.

* After nearly a week of the worst cough and sore throat I've ever had in my life, my girl finally caught my bug and started coughing last night. :( It made for a very long and sad night and subsequently, lots of laying around and more tv watching than I'd like to admit to today. But one good thing about sick babies is the extra cuddles. I love being able to hold her and rock her and squeeze her twice as often as normal. And who can say no to "watch eye-n skines, mommy? watch eye-n skines furst?" coupled with  those pleading, soulful blue eyes she throws at you? Who cares if it's the 53rd stinking Little Einsteins episode you've watched today and you can't get the theme song out of your head. Yes, baby, sure! Of course we can watch eye-n skines!


I'm just thankful I get to hold her at all. My heart is breaking for the parents in CT who long for their babies to hold one last time.  I cannot even imagine.


*     *     *     *     *


I was all on top of our Christmas cards this year. For once! I ended up taking an iphone pic of one of the cards, so that's why it looks so bad here. I'm still trying to figure out our new laptop with it's Windows 8 business. It's driving me nuts!


Christmas Card 2012

Anyway, a few weekends ago, I had a freak out that we wouldn't have any good pictures for our Christmas card, so we hauled my tripod out to the duck pond near our house before dusk. It's in the neighborhood next to ours, so I'm sure they were all thrilled with the crazy lady yelling and counting down and freaking out the ducks, trying to get a good shot. Whatever. 




 




* First portion was written Tuesday night. Which was another doozy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments! Strange or lovely or somewhere in between, lay 'em on me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...