Sunday, November 21, 2010

Nursery 0.5: Dresser

I've been working very hard lately, trying to get all of the last details finished on this baby girl's room! It just seems never ending... but that's clearly my own fault. :)

So a few things to share..


Dresser/Changing Table

We scored this dresser off of Craigslist, oh, about 4 or 5 months ago.. maybe even longer. I knew I could refinish it and make it into what we needed. It just took me a while! It's been finished for a long time, just hadn't made it's blog debut until now!

Before:




After:

I sanded her all down, mixed up my own paint color with paint I had on hand in the garage, then distressed it and used a glaze to get the look I wanted. I'm really pleased with how it turned out!

I switched out the hardware with cheap pulls I found at Hobby Lobby and then spray painted.


I lined the drawers with some grass cloth wallpaper that I found at Goodwill.
$3 for an enormous roll!

My total cost for this dresser re-do was about $65-70. Not bad!

Another sneak peek..

I made these tissue paper poufs to hang above the crib as Tiny Dancer's mobile! I was hoping to incorporate a few more colors, but I looked everywhere trying to find just the right colors.

And by everywhere, I mean I looked all 3 times I was at Target this week.

But I love how they turned out!

Linking to: DIY Show Off

7 comments:

  1. Oh I wish you had a name for that color! It's great! The art on the wall is too pretty too, have you already posted about that? I'd love to see a close up.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh!!!! LOVE!!! It looks awesome!!! Next, we must see the bumper. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've done a wonderful job on the dresser! And the whole room is coming together. Yea. I too can't wait to see the bumper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fantastic! I can already tell she is going to be one super stylish little girl with a mom like you! Can't wait to see the rest of the room!! Hope you are feeling great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow love that dresser! turned out so cute~ and the room is looking fab gilry~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you did with this dresser, the color is fantastic. And what a deal with that grass cloth paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you via Fingerprints on the Fridge! I absolutely love what you've shown so far of your wee one's nursery! The crib skirt...the wall stripes...the dresser! What a great job! I'm your newest follower! Good luck on the last few weeks of your pregnancy...my kids were all preemies so I don't know what it's like to be at this point of the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! Strange or lovely or somewhere in between, lay 'em on me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...