1. Seriously, people. My baby is ONE.
2. Yesterday I rashly ordered one of those Erin Condren life planners everyone and their blogging bestie keeps talking about. Then around midnight I emailed them to see if it was too late to change the color that my name would be printed in. Yeah, you read that right. These things keep me up. But it's safe to say I'm super excited to start using it! I'm a total school supply geek. There's a 1/2 off coupon HERE if you're interested.
3. I found these fun smart phone compatible gloves for my sister for her birthday at Target and then had to buy some for myself. (Story of my gift-giving life). Anyway, I don't know what sort of black magic they have going on in the tips of the pointer finger and thumb, but they TOTALLY WORK. They're nothing fancy in the looks department, but then I usually sport the $1 stretchy kind that you see kids wearing.
4. I maybe should have started my list with this one, but folks, it's been confirmed that my child is pure genius. Yep, her pediatrician was MUY impressed with all the stuff this smart baby knew and comprehended and could do. We brought in all the nurses and had her run through her top 10 best tricks right then and there! Kidding, kidding. But it was seriously such a proud mama moment. :) In other news, she's still teeny and in the 3rd percentile for weight. I guess that's what all this "more" business in sign language is about come dinnertime. Sister wants to eat!
5. Do you guys make Christmas lists? We used to, but now mostly do exchanges in my family and stocking stuffers at home. HOWEVER. This year I totally want a steam mop to wage the ongoing war with my hardwoods. Santa, take note. Wow. Am I old or what??
6. Our tree has been up for weeks, but folks, that is IT. No other decorations have been brought out of the attic. I totally get an F. It's on the to-do list for this weekend!
7. I was invited to a Cookie Swap next week by a girl in my bible study. She has one every year and it's the real deal. No store brought crap. I totally want to go, buuuuut there's the little issue of having to bring THREE DOZEN cookies. Yeah, I'm not that great of a baker. I kept hearing stories of everyone talking about the merits of different types of flour, oven temps and so on and how one girl got the stink eye for bringing regular old chocolate chips. So needless to say I'm super intimidated. But I totally want to go! I think it would be so fun and I love these girls, but OH THE BAKING PRESSURE.
8. Baby Fever. There, I said it. I've totally got it, have had it for some time, and I think my hubby has had about enough of my casually (or not so casually) bringing it up each night. But we went to visit a friend's newborn baby girl at the hospital last night and ooohhhhhh my goodness. I need a tiny little baby. Another one, that is. Baby baby baby.
9. It's been nearly a week since Evie's party and I'm thiiiiis close to finishing off the cake and cupcakes. I'll just go ahead and give myself a pat on the back for that one.
10. Okay, don't judge, but we totally didn't get Evie anything for her birthday. Didn't see the point, really. I am planning to get her a book that has some sort of special meaning or write a sweet note in it or something. But that's about it. We figure she doesn't know the difference at this point and she's certainly not lacking in the gift department. Oh! Her sweet daddy did send her (and her mama) flowers on her birthday! So sweet.
Okay, that's it for today! I hope you all have a great weekend!!