Friday, April 20, 2012

Project 52:16 {a good sweat}

thankful for...
a good sweat 




My first semester of college I put on the freshman, oh, about 10. I never really weighed myself to be sure, but there was no doubt my lack of activity + frequent social trips to the cafeteria added on the pounds. Sarah and I met and were fast friends right before Christmas break, so when we came back for the second semester, I started running with her. Sometimes twice a day. The extra weight (and then some) flew off.

I kept up running and being generally active through the rest of college and beyond. But I haven't been running regularly in a few years.

So that's changing now. And it feels soo good so far. A friend and I signed up for a Strolling Moms group through a local running club. Two mornings a week. After a very slow run/walk start, we broke off with one of the instructors to form our own little group to run a whole lot more with 1 minute walk intervals. It's a 12 week program with the goal of training you to run a 5k, but frankly I could care less about that. I'm just happy to be hitting the pavement and working up a sweat.

It's amazing to me how good it feels. I missed it!

And these two cuties certainly help keep us accountable. :)


* * * * *

Read more about my Project 52.

Linking my Project 52 with:

4 comments:

  1. Good for you!!! Is that Thomas? They're both soooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's my sweet girl...so glad she loves her stroller! can't wait to see her in action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so awesome! way to go! always fun to get out with a pal:)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! Strange or lovely or somewhere in between, lay 'em on me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...