Sunday, January 1, 2012

Project 52 {Thankful For in 2012}

Happy New Year! I hope everyone's NYE was festive and safe! We had a fun time at dinner with friends and were home at a reasonable hour. :) And I'm pretty sure I was in bed and lights out before midnight ever rolled around.. Fine by me!

Okay, Project 52. This is a new project for the new year, and I'm so excited to get started with it here on my blog! I've never been big on resolutions (mine were always the same- get fit, start a new workout routine, etc), and they never lasted when I tried to start one. But this project is all about capturing what is going on in your life right now, really being present and also working on my photography skills, which appeals to me, since I'm always snapping pics of Evie!

Basically you choose a theme or idea to frame your Project 52 and post one picture a week that captures whatever you are focusing on or experiencing or feeling that week. I first came across this idea at Shawna's blog, styleberry BLOG.  She's a professional photographer, so her images are all amazing, and I loved her theme for 2011, which was Motherhood Is.  She had week's like Motherhood Is.. Messy, Happy, Limiting, Uncomfortable, Simple, Disciplined, What You Make of It, etc. You can read all about her project here.

At the end of the year, she takes all 52 posts and makes a coffee table book, so her family can flip back through and see a glimpse of what life was like and what she was feeling and experiencing that year! I love that.

I've also seen friends like Sarah do a Project 365, which includes taking a picture every day, but that's just too much for me, personally. One per week seems much more manageable for me!

So what do you think?? Are any of you doing any similar projects in 2012? I'd love to hear about them! I would also love for you guys to join me in doing a Project 52 (or 365!) if you want! I'll be linking up to Shawna's weekly posts, and would be happy to link to you as well if you want to participate!

OH! And my theme for 2012 is Thankful For.  I'm turning the big 3-0 in a few short weeks and I really want to focus on all that I have to be thankful for in my life. In the every day, little things as well as the big blessings. I can't wait.  

I've decided I'll be posting my weekly Project 52 on Thursdays, so this Thursday will kick things off! Get excited. :)

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see ..It's a nifty idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Thankful For" is such a great theme. I’m linking you to my Project 52 that I just started at http://www.lucasandmahina.com. Hope you can link me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really liked the ideas for Project 365 myself as well but after two failed attempts in 2009 and 2010 I didn't think it was for me. But then 2012 came around and I decided to give it another go. I managed to keep it up for 3,5 months but the past month has been a real struggle! I'm also very behind on posting the pics to my blog hah.
    And to put more pressure on myself I had also challenged myself with a creative Project52; to make something or be creative (I love paper crafting) at least once every week and blog about it. Health issues messed up that one though even before I had really had a chance to start it..

    Maybe I'll change my daily photographs to weeklies - as I really do love photographic memories of my life, they never fail to take me back in time. I like the idea of choosing a yearly theme and go around that.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! Strange or lovely or somewhere in between, lay 'em on me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...