Monday, January 9, 2012

Card Mania


Please tell me I'm not the only one with a plethora of gift cards hanging out in my purse, wallet and junk drawer.  Right after Christmas, my stash seems to double, with gifts and returns/exchanges. The frustrating and annoying part of this is that I can never seem to remember when I have a credit to a particular store, so I get out to my car after making a purchase and then it dawns on me. 

Doh! 

On top of that, a bunch of these have, like, $2.83 left on them, which somehow makes toting them around even more annoying. But I'll be d@mned if I'm going to throw away money! Hubby nearly tossed a Target card with 70 cents left on it and I about went bananas on him. Do you even KNOW how much money I spend at Target??? Blasphemy.

Oh great. While uploading this fantastic piece of photography you see above, I found Pier 1 and Sephora cards in my nightstand. Add it to the list.

So what are you inadvertently collecting in the bottom of your purse?? Gift cards, like moi? Random pieces of gum? Stolen restaurant matches?? (Thief). Please share so I don't feel so badly about myself. Also, if you want to go shopping, just let me know.


4 comments:

  1. I have a Victoria's Secret card leftover from my wedding....5.5 years ago. Hmm..wonder where that puppy is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hear ya--hate those ones that have a few bucks on them and just keep hanging around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's what I do with those cards..after checking out if there is less then $4 or $5 left on card... I turn to the person in line behind me and give it to them.. makes it real easy to never worry about it again. And I feel good about blessing someone I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same problem! I also have tons of the punch cards for various places around Tulsa but RARELY actually have them punched, but God forbid I throw them away!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! Strange or lovely or somewhere in between, lay 'em on me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...