Thursday, January 5, 2012

Fabric Score

On New Year's Day, I was able to sneak out alone to do a little shopping. It's a pure luxury to wander store aisles alone these days, and I'm happy to report a successful trip. We just ordered a brand spankin' new bed frame and fancy pants mattress (king!) which is wonderful, but that means all new linens, too.. which, let's be honest, means mama gets to do a total overhaul of the master bedroom. Double Score!

Anyway, while out searching for the perfect duvet cover, I stopped in at Hancock Fabrics, where I like to sift around in their upholstery remnant section. Lo and behold, I found a stash of gorgeous fabric that looked very familiar.



Robert Allen's Khanjali Peacock.

I love LOVE the colors in this print and have had my eye on it for a while. Here are a few places I've come across it:



via Young House Love


via Emily A. Clark


Now that I'm looking closer at Emily's pic, I'm not so sure she used the Robert Allen fabric.. though her picture looks much closer to what I have than the YHL pic. Their pic looks more saturated or something...

ANYway!

I worked this weekend on making curtain panels and they are finished and hung! What?? A picture? Well... no, sorry, no picture just yet. I'm still trying to convince hubby that we need to repaint the room to go with the new look. Wish me luck on that front. But I will show you pictures at some point, I promise! Sheesh, what kind of blogger am I?? 

So what were you up to this weekend?

 










5 comments:

  1. We can't wait... Give us all just a glimpse.....pretty please

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't wait... Give us all just a glimpse.....pretty please

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabric! What kind of bed frame did you get?? Can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love it! I'm pretty sure I have a few yards of that very fabric in my stash for a future nursery project. Love it! Can't wait to see your room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am dying over your find! love it~ can't wait to see what you have in store!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! Strange or lovely or somewhere in between, lay 'em on me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...