Sunday, August 29, 2010

Treasure Hunting

Happy Weekend!



My mom came into town for a visit this weekend and we got to do some shopping for baby and the nursery and another little side project we have in the works. It was so fun! It's times like these that I really wish she (and all of my parents, hint hint!) lived here in town. They're not far, but I would love to be able to meet for lunch or a quick fun shopping trip anytime we wanted...
.


Anyway, earlier this week I scored some great deals on a few items for the nursery that I thought I'd share.
.

I put this very clock on my Target registry last weekend, and then found it, brand new, at Goodwill for $3!! New in the box and everything! Why did I have a clock on my registry?... well, I'm aiming high for this little one and I'd like her to be able to tell time. Simple as that. :)

I've also recently been crib and glider shopping with my MIL, and while we were looking, I fell in love with a pure silk, full bed skirt on one of the display cribs. The boutique had custom bedding you could order, but we waited, since we didn't go with their crib. Then I stopped into Tuesday Morning and found this 100% silk, 104" curtain panel for only $8! It was marked down so low because there was only one panel. The same panels were priced at $99 for a pair- and that was Tuesday Morning's price, so no telling how much their original retail price was! Total score. I wasn't sure at first if this color was right or not, but next to the curtains I made, it's just perfect. Just the right amount of girly, and I'm excited to be making it myself.



Here is another fun find for Tiny Dancer's nursery that my mom and I found yesterday. For whatever reason, I love elephants. This is the 4th I have in my house, even though I am anti-themes and collections in general in my home decor.. also, elephants are my grandpa's favorite animal! Isn't it cute? Someone definitely carved this guy- he's heavy!


I need to think of a good name for him.. Any ideas??

Hope you all had a good weekend!

3 comments:

  1. sounds like such a fun weekend~ nothing better than family and shopping! great finds too~

    ReplyDelete
  2. The elephant needs to be named Harvey- I heard it in my head as soon as I saw him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little shoes for her are too cute and I love that elephant. I think it's cute that you have so many because your grandpa liked them.

    And your mom is just a gorgeous as you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! Strange or lovely or somewhere in between, lay 'em on me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...