Thursday, May 24, 2012

Project 52:21 {Independence}


thankful for...
independence


I am a very independent person.
I like to figure things out on my own, make my own way, rely on my own resources and be by myself at times. This has been both good and bad at different times in my life.

And I see my girl stretching her little wings, lately. I think she may be a lot like me in this respect (or maybe not.. maybe she's just a toddler. :) That's fine, too.).. She definitely likes to figure things out on her own, make her own way, rely on herself to do things and sit and play or read by herself at times.

I love seeing this, and I want to encourage her independence, but also gently teach and remind her that we're not in this alone. Too much independence equals too much reliance on yourself, rather than God. This has always been my struggle.
And I'm praying that it doesn't become hers.

I pray she carves out her own path in life, takes big risks and goes where others might be afraid to go. Be independent.

But in that independence from people, places and things, always remain dependent on Him. The one who will never leave her or forsake her. The one who gave her her independence.


* * * * *

Read more about my Project 52.

Linking my Project 52 with:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments! Strange or lovely or somewhere in between, lay 'em on me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...