Thursday, February 16, 2012

Project 52:7 {bedtime stories}


thankful for... 
bedtime stories

 

She loves to read.

I have made it a point to read to Evie before bed and throughout the day from the time she was just weeks old. We were both hoping that she would love books as much as we do, and it has been a joy watching her little mind learn and grow as she listens and flips through a book on her own. I still find her on the floor of her room at times, surrounded by books she's pulled off the shelf, just quietly "reading" to herself.

Books offer so much.
Knowledge, imagination, fantasy, lessons, escapes.

I pray she always loves to read and spend time with a good book. I think that may become more and more difficult for our children, with all of the new technology and ways to find information from a screen. But there is nothing like a good book. And the offer from mama and dada to read with her before bed will always stand.



* * * * *

Read more about my Project 52.

Linking my Project 52 with:

4 comments:

  1. Love it!! What wonderful memories she'll have. And you two will have no regrets...that's what its all about... I often think of the song.." cats in the cradle" by Harry Chapin....so enjoy .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Story time is the best you guys are such great parents! No wonder she is so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! She looks like she loves daddy story time! Can't wait until Ke'alohi gets to that age! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the sweetest picture! Teacher in me is so happy when kids love to read ;)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! Strange or lovely or somewhere in between, lay 'em on me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...